- www.medicalboard.iowa.gov © 2015 Iowa Board of Medicine. All Rights Reserved.
- The purpose of the Iowa Board of Medicine’s website, www.medicalboard.iowa.gov, is to provide the public with timely, accurate and accessible public information concerning licensure, compliance and administrative activities of the Board.
- Website content is subject to change without notice from the Board as a result of updates and corrections. Public actions against licensees are posted on the website within a week after the Board has taken action, as provided by Iowa Administrative Code 653—Chapter 8. 6(1) “a.” Because all license applications are received online, applications are posted immediately. Updates on licensee information, such as changes in names, work locations, and so forth, are added as they are received. Corrections for website content are made promptly after errors are identified and corrections are verified, which is usually within three to five days.
- Certain links on the website lead to resources located on websites that are not maintained by the Board or under its control. The inclusion of any link to another website, or any reference to any product or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply accuracy, an endorsement or recommendation by the Board.
- The website is reviewed periodically by Board staff to ensure functionality and to review and update content. The Board welcomes any ideas or comments that may help us to further improve the accessibility and usability of the website. Click here to send any suggestions, corrections or updates to information on the website.
- Personally identifiable information in public information on the website is allowed by
Iowa Code Chapter 22.
- Users do not have to provide personal information to visit the website or to download information. Internet Protocol numbers of computers used to visit this website are noted as part of the Board’s statistical analysis on use of the website. No marketing databases are created nor is any commercial use made of any such data. The Board may require personally identifiable information from users in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to the Board’s office.
The Iowa Board of Medicine makes the information contained in this website available as a public service. Under no circumstances shall the Board, its members, officers, agents, or employees be liable for any actions taken or omissions made in reliance on any information contained in this website or for any consequences of any such reliance. Information posted in this website is not intended to constitute either medical or legal advice or opinion.