Fee Waiver for Federal Poverty Level Thresholds and Fee Waiver Policy
Initial License Fee Waiver
Effective January 1, 2021, pursuant to HF 2627, individuals whose household income does not exceed 200% of the federal poverty level Guideline you may request a waiver of your application fees .
- Fees include license application fee, criminal background check and the fingerprint card fee.
- Fees do not include exam fees.
- Applies only to first time license applicants in the state.
- Does not apply to license renewals or reactivations.
To determine eligibility, you must first identify the number of individuals in your household.
- A household income is defined as the income of the tax filer, his or her spouse, and any tax dependents.
Once that is determined, reference the Federal Poverty Level and identify the income that matches the number of individuals in your household. If your household income, as reported on your most recent federal tax return, is less than the identified value, you are eligible for the one-time fee waiver.
If you wish to apply for a fee waiver you must attest that your household income does not exceed 200% and agree to submit documentation of one of the following to verify your household income:
- Copies of latest federal or state tax returns – for applicant or whomever clams the applicant as a dependent.
- Proof of total income for household through other supportive documents
- Social Security benefits letter
- Unemployment benefits letter
- Proof of enrollment in a state or federal assistance program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Letter of explanation as to why applicant cannot provide any of the above and attestation to meeting the requirements.
There may be a slight delay in process you license application if you apply for the waiver. The waiver request documentation will be reviewed first and you will be notified if you qualify or not. If you qualify then the licensing team will review the license application. Be sure to submit both waiver documentation and licensing documentation at the completion of the application.
If your waiver request documentation does not meet the guidelines then you will be notified via email. You can then login and pay the standard licensing fee. Licensing review will not proceed until the fee is paid
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 515-281-5171.