EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
(September 9-10, 2021)
- IPHP Coordinator: I am pleased to announce that Emily Zalasky has accepted the IPHP Coordinator position. As you are aware, Emily has many years of experience in social work and substance abuse and has served as the IPHP Case Worker and as the Board’s Monitoring Coordinator. Emily will begin her new position on September 17. Please join me in congratulating Emily on her new position.
- Compliance Administrative Assistant: I am sorry to say that Kitty Moore resigned to pursue other opportunities. She will be missed. We are working on hiring a replacement and I will keep you updated.
- Licensure Specialist: We are pursuing a new position for an additional Licensure Specialist due to the increased volume of license applications. I will keep you updated.
Legislative Update: Nothing to report at this time.
Board Meeting Update:
- Board Meetings: The next Board meeting is on October 21-22, 2021. The meeting will be held in-person with a virtual option.
- IPHP Meetings: The next IPHP meeting November 18.
- Teleconference: The next teleconference is on September 30.
Hearings: Discussion regarding upcoming disciplinary hearings.
Budget: The Board’s budget continues to be in excellent shape.
Remote Working: All of our staff returned to the office part-time. We are working with each staff member to determine the appropriate office/remote working combination.
Emergency Declarations: The Governor extended certain provision of Emergency Proclamation and the new Proclamation expires on September 19, 2021. It is unclear whether the Governor will extend the Emergency Proclamation.