EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
(June 3-4, 2021)
- Licensure Specialist: We have conducted several interviews and hope to hire someone soon.
- IPHP Program Coordinator: We have submitted the paperwork to fill the vacant position and it should be posted soon. I will keep you updated.
Legislative Update: Please see the separate update.
Board Meeting Update:
- Board Meetings: The next Board meeting is on July 22-23. The meeting will likely be held in-person with a virtual option. We are purchasing new equipment that will permit in-person/virtual meetings and allow for improved virtual participation in the future.
- IPHP Meetings: The next IPHP meeting has been moved from August 26 to August 25, and the meeting will be held virtually.
- Teleconference: The next teleconference is on June 24.
Budget Update: The new licensure legislation appears to have had little impact on the Board’s budget and I will provide an updated budget at July 22-23 meeting.
Remote Working: The majority of staff continue to work remotely most of the time and it is working well. The Department of Public Health is working on a new policy that will encourage staff to return to the office, at least part-time, by July 1. The new policy will allow employees to continue to work remotely, at least part-time, at the discretion of each supervisor. We will work with each staff member to find the optimal mix.
Emergency Declarations: The Governor’s current Emergency Proclamation expires on May 30, 2021. I expect the Governor to extend the emergency provisions applicable to the Board of Medicine for a minimum of 30 days. I will keep you posted.