Executive Director’s Report – July 9-10, 2020
- The Monitoring Coordinator position has been filled – Congratulations Emily Zalasky.
- The Chief Investigator position has been posted.
Board Meeting Update:
- Teleconference: The next teleconference is on August 13, 2020.
- Board Meeting: The next Board meeting is on August 27-28, 2020.
IPHP Meetings: The next IPHP meeting is on August 20, 2020.
- Daily Updates: I am participating in daily updates with the IDPH executive team and the Governor’s office. These updates involve our response to COVID-19, remote working requirements and safe practices in and out of the office.
- Emergency Declarations: The Governor has issued several emergency declarations that impact licensure and the practice of medicine in Iowa in response to COVID-19. Please check the Board’s website for updates.
- Remote Working: The majority of staff are working remotely and we are preparing in case we are all asked to work remotely. Staff will continue to work remotely until at least the end of July.
- Hand Washing: Please wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Social Distancing: Please practice appropriate social distancing both while working and otherwise.
- Medical Screening: Staff that come into the office are required to take their temperatures and monitor for a cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing and any other respiratory symptoms at home. If anyone has any of these symptoms they should contact me immediately and not return to the office until they receive approval.