Update on Ambulatory Surgical Center Law
Effective July 1, 2022, Iowa Code section 147.163 requires a health care provider who determines that a patient is a candidate for outpatient surgery based on the patient's medical status and surgical service needs, and refers the patient to an ambulatory surgical center as an option for the surgery, to provide the patient with a written document listing the factors the patient should consider to make a fully informed decision about the patient's recommended course of care. On July 15, 2022, the Board of Medicine voted to approve this document as compliant with the new law. As the Board continues to work with interested parties on implementation of this law, referring providers may provide patients with this document to comply with the new law.
LICENSURE AND SUPPORT
- Licensee Guidance Topics and Resources
- Physicians (M.D. & D.O.)
- Fee Waiver for Federal Poverty Level Thresholds and Fee Waiver Policy
- PMP for Prescribing Physicians FAQ page
- Acupuncturists (L.Ac.)
- Genetic Counselors (GC)
- Licensure Fees
- Iowa Physician Health Program
- Iowa Prescription Monitoring Program
- Duty to Report
- Report New Physician Assistant
There are no events to show.